Thursday, October 11, 2007

Burnin' Streets

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'll spare the personal introduction, since if you're reading this, I assume that you either already know me, or you are too remote to have anything to gain from feigning interest in the meticulous details of my personal life. I was born. I grew up. I registered a blog. I hope to be here for a while, so I'm confident that the details of my personality and personal interests will become evident as blog after blog of senseless rambling pours forth from my fingertips. However, if you simply can't resist the urge to learn more about me, I do, like any modern red-blooded American between the ages of 15 and 35, have a Myspace page.

I never thought I'd have a blog. In fact, the word itself is something I find mildly obnoxious. Yet here I am, blogging. Is it because I have something politically provocative to say? Not likely. Is it because I feel I have some wisdom to impart on my would-be readers? As a middle class white boy from the Midwest, even less likely. I have no agendas, hidden or otherwise, and I honestly sat down to write this out of a combination of boredom and curiosity. I don't expect to have any particular theme or coherent connection from one entry to another, save for the fact that each entry will reflect whatever is on my mind at that moment. If a theme develops, so be it. Chalk it up to fate. I like to ramble, to divulge my thoughts and opinions, and now I've decided to put pen to paper (or at least the 21st century equivalent - fingers to keyboard) and write them down. If nothing else, maybe this will assist in curbing my tendency to flap my jaw so damn much when I drink.

Well, with that, I think I'll wrap up my inaugural foray into the world of blogging. Next time, maybe I'll have something on my mind worth elaborating on...

-Steely

1 comment:

crafty girl said...

Nice. But I'm sure there is something on your mind worth elaborating on. There usually is... ;o)