Friday, November 9, 2007

The Future Is Unwritten

I just recently watched "Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten", and I must say that I heartily recommend it to anyone who has any interest in music or even culture in general. The man was simply incredible, and this documentary is both extremely entertaining and highly fascinating. (For any of my readers who weren't sure, the name of my blog is directly borrowed from the Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros song of the same name.)

As has been stated many times before, The Clash was "the only band that mattered", and Joe Strummer was the only front man that mattered. If you haven't already, I urge you to do yourself a favor and buy every Clash album ever released, as well as every Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros album. You won't regret it.

On a totally different note, I am recently becoming a big fan of Dilbert comics, and I'm currently reading "The Dilbert Principle" by Scott Adams. I always thought Dilbert was okay, but now that I am firmly entrenched as another insignificant cog in the corporate machine, I have found that Dilbert is absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately, every hearty laugh at his witty, satirical observances of life in an office dominated by corporate motivation and management techniques is followed by tear shed at the horrifying realization that the "jokes" are so true that you might as well be reading your own company's new-hire orientation manual and associate handbook.

No comments: